To determine if you are an inverted triangle body shape, look at yourself in the mirror in your underwear. Stand with your legs together and your arms a bit away from your sides. Examine the area from under your arms, past your bust and ribcage, over your waist and hips to the fullest part of your thighs. Then compare yourself to the image and review the questions and characteristics below. We suggest you look at all the body shapes to find your closest match.
Body shape style advice
- Wear a larger size on your top half than your bottom?
- Have wider shoulders than hips?
- Have a straight ribcage?
- Prefer an uncluttered look on top?
Your build is characterised by:
- Your bottom half is smaller than your top
- Little definition between waist and hips
- Flat hips and bottoms
- Straight and squared shoulder line