To determine if you are a pear body shape, look at yourself in the mirror in your underwear. Stand with your legs together and your arms a bit away from your sides. Examine the area from under your arms, past your bust and rib-cage, over your waist and hips to the fullest part of your thighs. Then compare yourself to the image and review the questions and characteristics below. We suggest you look at all the body shapes to find your closest match.
Body shape style advice
- Carry weight on your hips or thighs?
- Have narrower shoulders than hips?
- Have a clearly defined waist?
- Wear a larger size on your bottom half than your top?
Your build is characterised by:
- Full hips or thighs, maybe saddle bags
- A defined waist
- Shoulders that are narrower than your hips
- A small top half as well as small bust