Working from home will be the new normal for the unforeseeable future. Working from home requires a different mindset, routine and time management. You have to dig deep to master your workday with success. The only way to succeed is to exercise a military discipline to win the day.
🤜 Here is my best practice advice to be your own HOME NINJA to win the day- every single time!
1. Schedule your week- keep it professional.
2. Schedule every day and stick to it
3. Get ready for the day by getting
dressed for it. Start the day on the right foot by removing any reason to stay in your pyjamas.
4. Have a dedicated office space
You don’t need a whole office, but give yourself a dedicated space that you try to work in each day, ideally away from where you tend to spend time after work.
5. Focus on work only in order to be the most productive.
e.g. no laundry, stacking up the dishwasher.
6. Plan your breaks & connect with family and friends
7. Tidy & clean up your home office. It will help you mentally to finish off the day – like signing off.
8. Prepare your to do list for the next dayThe to-do list is different from your work schedule. It is a list of all the things you need to get done, so it is best to write them down rather using up necessary brain power.